Lietuvos Paštas is joining the initiative Lietuva 4.000.000 and announces a contest.
100 people who have contributed the most to the creation of the global Lithuania will be featured on a
special postage stamp unit. This is the first time that the postage stamp is decorated with not the most
famous faces from Lithuania’s past, but with people who live, create and unify Lithuania now.
Your face can also land on the postage stamp!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST?
Join the map of the Global Lithuania HERE.
- Click on INVITE LITHUANIAN and send invitations to those
Lithuanians who you know and want to invite to sing the Centenary National Anthem of Lithuania on
the 6th of July
- By inviting Lithuanians, you collect Amber points. However, you only get the points if the person,
who receives the invitation, confirms it. The more points you collect, the greater are the chances
to be on the unique postage stamp. Only the points collected from March 2, 2018, until April 15 are
valid for the contest.
- Follow the tournament tables in your profile and see how you are doing in comparison to others.
- And one more thing – you have to be at least 18 years old to participate in the contest.
That’s all! If you want, read the full contest rules
HOW WE SELECT WINNERS?
80 winners will be selected in these categories:
- 20 participants, who have collected the most number of points
- 10 participants, who have invited the largest number of Lithuanians in Europe
- 10 participants, who have invited the largest number of Lithuanians in North America
- 10 participants, who have invited the largest number of Lithuanians in South America
- 10 participants, who have invited the largest number of Lithuanians in Australia
- 10 participants, who have invited the largest number of Lithuanians in Asia
- 10 participants, who have invited the largest number of Lithuanians in Africa
Another 20 people, who unify Lithuania in the world in their daily work and deserve to be renowned in a
unique postage stamp, will be selected by the commission of the contest:
- Marijus Gudynas – Director of the Department of Lithuanians Living Abroad of the Ministry of Foreign
- Kotryna Stankutė – Director of Global Lithuanian Leaders
- Dalia Henkė – President of the Lithuanian World Community
- Vladas Oleinikovas – President of the Union of Young Lithuanians of the World
- Ričardas Degutis – Vice-Minister of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Lithuania,
Chairman of the Commission for the Issue of Postage Stamps
- Asta Sungailienė – CEO of AB Lietuvos paštas
- Ieva Davydenko – Representative of the LITHUANIA 4.000.000 project
The postage stamp block Lithuania of the World will be issued on June 29, 2018.